Monday 9 September 2013

Being Woman !




For anyone who is going to drop reading this assuming it to be just another article based on gender equality, let me give you a better reason for not reading it. It is not even a bit about gender equality because the fact is that this very term is a myth. It would take years if we try to fill the gap that has spawned over centuries. So this is not about Him v/s Her, its only about her. Now mister if you want, you can skip reading this and do some of your important works or even you feel a bit out of space here, I would suggest reading and not clicking the cross.
  
Let us ponder over what is Being Woman?

  • It is being the apple of eyes of the family.
  • It is being the helping daughter that kneads dough when the mother is unwell.
  • It is being the greedy sister that marks raksha bandhan on calendar even before birthdays.
  • It is being the delicate dancer that sways by the music of devotion.
  • It is being the explorer of the right color all over the wardrobe only to end up picking pink.
  • It is being the charm of every party.
  • It is being the honor of having the door held open and chair pulled out.
  • It is being the harbinger of selfless hugs.
  • It is being the everyday tourist to shopping complexes.
  • It is being the birth right of being right.
  • It is being the phenomenon of mood swings
  • It is being all this and much more, It is being the carrier of life !


Let us flip the coin now, why is most of the important works that run the economy are believed to be the responsibility of a man, he may make life easier but she makes the life. Sadly most of the times her life becomes a never ending struggle of survival for some and a regret of lost dreams for others. A woman's work is not considered important because that is something that has to be done, she was born to do the daily chores, clean the household and cook food isn't it? There is nothing to be mentioned or appreciated, but there are somethings that need to be reminded again and again,
  • It is not just being a woman..... It is being the epitome of endurance.

Her entire life is a pain hidden beneath the layers of make up and colorful dresses. Funny was not the list that I made above, funny is the line that comes now... 
Do you really know what is being a woman?
  • It is being the bearer of the pain and still being called the weaker sex !

Now, before you think that I am a hopeless misandrist, I should give a statement that I never said that either of the species is unimportant. Men and women complete each other, similarly I am not in an opinion that this society can anyhow work without involvement and efforts of a man but mister somewhere between getting up in the morning and going to bed again in night, at least one woman would surely have given her best effort to make things perfect for you. Respect her !!

कभी किलकारी बन कर आँगन में गूँज गयी
कभी ज़िम्मेदारी बन कर आँगन से दूर गयी
अम्मा की लाडली कभी आग से खेल गयी
बाबा की गुड़िया जाने क्या क्या झेल गयी
कभी हिना के रंग सी हाँथों पे खिल गयी
कभी के अंधेरों से लड़ती मिटटी में मिल गयी 
कभी लहरों से झगड़ती किनारे पे डेह गयी
कभी एक शिकायत सी तकिये पे बह गयी

30 comments:

  1. "It is being the bearer of the pain and still being called the weaker sex !"....what a thought!
    you are splendid !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the life of a man revolves around a woman be it his mother, sister wife or daughter..but she still is disrespected ...!
    a must read for everyone..!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets hope for a day when things will be good ! :)
      thanks for your valuable comment !
      loads of love mam ! :*

      Delete
  3. I think even if people realize just a pinch of what you said then they will respect WOMEN...
    thanks for making me proud to be a Women..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure is all mine !:D
      Thanks for dropping the comment !

      Delete
  4. As our body is dead without soul....a man without woman has no role...
    We should love and respect women around us. They ,some way or the other, have great role in our life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was something really nice !
      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. there is nthng in dis world lyk d devotion of a married woman.....it's a tning no married man knws anything abt....^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true kiddo !
      Thanks for the comment ! :)

      Delete
  6. Arzoo....a marvelous piece of work..a must read for everyone.

    ye kuch lines nahii,
    ek aurat ki pukaar hai.
    issey ansuna mat karna,
    ye us aurat ke savaal hai.
    saath chaloge hamesha uske,
    ye uska vishvas hai.
    vo aurat hai khuda ki mehar se,
    ye uska samaan hai .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahaaa surbhi !
      that was so goood ! :)
      thankss for the appreciation :D

      Delete
  7. undoubtedly, one of the most true and heart pouring read this was. your writing has matured and I feel the strong emotions being put into this post. you ignite the rebellious spark out here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a result of the mature advises and inspirations i keep getting from my seniors that I have landed here !
      Thank you so much for appreciating my effort ! :)

      Delete
  8. wow, this is a gr8 piece of writing...beautifully portraying the strength of being her... :) loved it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the valuable comment ! :)
      keep dropping by !

      Delete
  9. स्त्री को लेकर समाज में कितना कुछ कहा जाता है, कितना कुछ लिखा गया,कुछेक ने तो उन्हें मुद्दे बनाकर कितने चुनाव जीते मगर फिर वही ढाक के तीन पात। समस्या ये रही की हमने उनके लिए लडाइयां तो लड़ी मगर उनके अपने लिए खुद लड़ने पर हमे जाने क्यूँ चुभन हुई,शायद एक तरह का डर जो कभी गया नही, लेख वाकई भावनात्मक रूप से नारी के तमाम रूपों को दर्शाते हुए विभिन्न जुडावों का एक संगम था।
    आरजू, वाकई एक बेहतरीन लेखन का नमूना।
    Message needed to be spread out much more.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. बिलकुल ठीक कहा आपने ! :D
      बहुत बहुत शुक्रिया सर !
      ये सब आपके द्वारा दी गयी होंसलावजाही के कारण ही मुमकिन हुआ है !

      Delete
  10. a beautiful thought with a great message!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is being the bearer of the pain and still being called the weaker sex !

    Do women think they are weaker??

    Do men think women are weaker??

    Do society think women are weaker??

    Till then this society is inherited by the thinking pattern of men are meant for work and earning and women are meant for household which is running in for centuries. The dignity of the women is going to be hurt.
    It is shame on the women's part that they think they are weaker??
    You wrote:Do you know what being a women??
    I am not talking about the rising of heinous assaults and crimes on women, or daily comments and abuses they bear but does it make a weaker section??
    We does not have to take a stand we have to change our thinking pattern which would take some time.


    I want to share some lines here:


    Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
    I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
    But when I start to tell them,
    They think I'm telling lies.
    I say,
    It's in the reach of my arms
    The span of my hips,
    The stride of my step,
    The curl of my lips.
    I'm a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That's me.

    I walk into a room
    Just as cool as you please,
    And to a man,
    The fellows stand or
    Fall down on their knees.
    Then they swarm around me,
    A hive of honey bees.
    I say,
    It's the fire in my eyes,
    And the flash of my teeth,
    The swing in my waist,
    And the joy in my feet.
    I'm a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That's me.

    Men themselves have wondered
    What they see in me.
    They try so much
    But they can't touch
    My inner mystery.
    When I try to show them
    They say they still can't see.
    I say,
    It's in the arch of my back,
    The sun of my smile,
    The ride of my breasts,
    The grace of my style.
    I'm a woman

    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That's me.

    Now you understand
    Just why my head's not bowed.
    I don't shout or jump about
    Or have to talk real loud.
    When you see me passing
    It ought to make you proud.
    I say,
    It's in the click of my heels,
    The bend of my hair,
    the palm of my hand,
    The need of my care,
    'Cause I'm a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That's me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every woman knows what they give to the world and how little do they take in return and is very proud of it.
      I am proud of being a girl like every women, what I wrote was just an expression but sadly this pride goes in vain when her tribulation is not respected. No housewife wants reward in exchange of what she does for her home, husband, children or parent but what she deserves is respect and not just a belief that she was born to do this only and hence there is no need of any mention.
      Yes I said " being called the weaker sex" because it is true and yes it is a product of the 'thinking' that has prevailed from ages, I also said that "it would take million of years if we try to fill the gap."
      "The good day" will arrive soon, till then this is a women proud, scared and hurt at times, signing off !!
      Thanks for dropping by and the comment ! :)
      keep reading !

      Delete
  12. Beautifully written..!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow... i feel so proud dat i m a women
    excellnt title to d post
    being woman is tougher dan being human...the hindi part is amazing... u write so gud :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks preeti. The title was a product of a lot of thinking.
      Thanks for reading and understanding :)

      Delete
  14. I had goosebumps reading this. To mention one specific line would be to disparage the others but the punchline "bearer of pain and .........." along with the last lines in hindi..... I'm no writer, I have no words. Keep going, engineering chhod writer ban jao (having a strong hold on both English as well as Hindi), Kapoor sahab kuch nhi kahenge.. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for such a great comment mayank.
      I am glad people are appreciating what was once just a figment of my thoughts.
      Btw I did not get the "kapoor sahab kuch nahi kahenge" ??

      Delete
    2. 3 idiots nhi dekhi kya? :/

      Delete
    3. oh ! strike nhi kiya tha !!

      Delete

Do drop your comments on the post !